Chinatown

März 03, 2016 Ninonanenun 0 Comments




It’s been a while since I last put words and colours into this place. Blame university, blame Cambridge! This term is keeping me incredibly busy. Days rush, assignments accumulate, projects pile up and time becomes as precious as never before. My life has regressed to a monotonous process- a time full of checklists, project plans and alarm clocks. I can’t help but think of the little metronome, sitting on our family piano, keeping my little self in rhythm when practising pieces of Chopin and Bach. Today, I deal with the metronome of real life: coffee, library, computer, work, sleep, work, sleep, work, click, clack, click, clack.

Despite all this, I still try to get myself out there and discover Cambridge. England. The photos below were taken from a little two-day trip to London, just when people from all over the world celebrated Chinese New Year in the small and freezing cold alleys of Chinatown. It was great taking a stroll around Shoreditch, tasting coffee in small corner places and taking pictures of the numerous graffiti’s, turning this part of London into a maze of colours and shapes.

Trips like these remind me of how much there is left to discover! (If you have any tips and places that I need to see in England, let me know!)

“ When you think you got the answer, you got it all wrong. The day's too short the night's too long.”

For the music, accompanying my photographs, I chose “Chinatown”, a song by Bob Schneider - not only for the name but also for the feeling of travel, uncertainty and the fact that time sometimes simply seems to slip your hand. Listen here























You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare: